Senior Structural Engineer (Sheffield, Hull, Leeds)
£42,000.00-£62,000.00 Full-time, Permanent (Hybrid remote in Sheffield)
The CK team are looking for an experienced hands-on Structural Engineer to work with and support its growth and service across Yorkshire and the UK. We’re looking for an experienced professional who is more than happy to take the lead and work on their own, responsible for checking and regulating their own work on a huge variety of design/construction projects in both residential and commercial levels.
The business has a great, friendly culture that truly values its employees, with a constantly growing team all happy to help push the organisation to the next level. With quality, communication, and unparalleled service at the heart of everything we do, this job would suit a structural engineer familiar with the industry with relevant qualifications such as BENG-CENG (preferable) chartered or incorporated..
Qualified Structural Engineer required who has the ability to run a new Engineering Department within a rapidly growing Architectural Company. Must be able to work without guidance and be suitably qualified for insurances.
- Providing structural design solutions
- Vast experience on UK building standard, style and methods
- Assessing and surveying properties/construction sites
- Preparing reports, calculations, designs and drawings
- Making calculations about loads and stresses
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice
- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Administering contracts
- Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundation
- Use relevant software such as tedds, Tekla, autocad
Role and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s (required)
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (required)
- UK building design: 5 years (required)
- BENG, CENG or Incoporated (required)